Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holiday Shopping!!!

Oh how I love shopping for holiday specials, NOT!!! So this story begins last Friday when I decided to look at stores Saturday specials. I was looking at the Smith's Marketplace ad and saw that they had a few new release DVDs for $5. I was excited about them so I decided I would get out of bed at 7 am on my day off and go snag me a great deal. So I get to the store and of course there is a mass of people in the electronics department trying to get the same deal. An employee comes over and hangs a sign for the $5 movies and tells us that all the movies in the new release section that are originally $19.99 are $5 as well. SCORE!!! So I load up my arms with these awesome movies and then decide to look at their super cheap Christmas music. I pick a CD and get in line to pay for my movies. I get to the front of the line and they start ringing up my movies, and they were NOT $5. I saw the lady giving other people the same movies for $5 and so I said something about it and she said that they couldn't do that anymore. I was mad and ended up saying that I didn't want them then but that I wanted a raincheck for the movies that were on the deal. She wrote me a raincheck for all but one because she said they had them at the front checkstands. I went up to the checkstands and lo and behold they were out of that movie as well. There was other stuff that I wanted there so I decided I would get them and then get a raincheck for the other movie when I went through the checkstand. It took me a while to decide what I wanted but when I got to the checkstand I asked them for the raincheck. They told me that they weren't doing them anymore so I took my other one out and said they gave me one before and that they should do so now. She had to call the manager to see if it was okay and it was. It kind of made me feel like I was being punished for buying more stuff in their store.

Needless to say, I don't know if I will ever go to another doorbuster sale again and I am seriously considering never shopping at Smith's Marketplace again.

No comments:

Post a Comment